PROGILINE® GEAR PG INDUSTRIAL GEAR LUBRICANTS
PROGILINE GEAR PG is a range of polyalkylene glycol based synthetic extreme pressure gear lubricants, providing high levels of load carrying capacity and wear protection.The range is designed to enable continuous operation at high temperature, with minimised friction and good thermal/oxidative stability properties. PROGILINE GEAR PG lubricants allow thermally stable operation at temperatures exceeding 200°C, and offer anticipated service lifetimes of all grades in excess of 10,000 hours at 100°C, enabling extended service intervals and in some instances a fill-for-life lubricant.
PROGILINE GEAR PG lubricants are formulated to ensure excellent white and yellow metal corrosion protection, high temperature stability and superior antifoaming properties. The low temperature fluidity enables operation at temperatures not possible with mineral oil based products of comparable viscosity.
The PROGILINE GEAR PG series exhibits the following advantages:
- Exceptional wear protection and load-carrying capability – optimized gear performance and prolonged gear life
- Wide temperature operation range, and elimination of cold start issues - high viscosity index and low pour point
- Good water tolerance and air separation
- Reduced operational temperature, improved mechanical efficiency and lowered energy consumption
- Does not exhibit deposit forming tendency of mineral oils – an absence of sludge, varnishes and gumming
- Extended maintenance intervals compared to traditional mineral oil based lubricants.
Industrial gearboxes utilizing a range of different gear designs, including:
- Worm; Helical; Bevel Helical; Planetary
Due to the versatility and exceptional high temperature properties of the PROGILINE GEAR PG range, they are also suitable for use in a range of further applications, notably those where there is a requirement for continuous high temperature performance, for example chain, conveyor and oven lubricants.
PROGILINE GEAR PG lubricants should not be mixed with mineral or PAO based oils. A complete drain, flush and refill will be required. Product shows solvency towards common alkyd oil based paints, but epoxy-based paints are typically resistive. If surfaces contacting the lubricant have been painted, they should be monitored for softening and lifting of the paint, and frequent maintenance of filters may be required.
Product shows preferable compatibility with elastomer types Viton, NBr and Fluoro-rubber.
LUBRICANT SELECTION FOR R1234yf SYSTEMS
Shrieve has published an article in Automotive Airconditioning Reporter, the independent magazine for the automotive ind…
OPEN-HOUSE & TECHNICAL WORKSHOP
Join our technology and business groups in celebrating Shrieve’s 40th year, as we showcase our technical facilities and …